Dear friends and business owners,
I am running for Commissioner to provide leadership and support to residents and businesses in Davis County. My family has called Davis County home for over 21 years, including 4 years of active duty military service at Hill Air Force Base. For the past four years, it has been my privilege to visit people, properties, businesses, and schools to aid and assist as a planning commissioner.
In three words, this is our county's challenge: GROWTH, ECONOMY, ENVIRONMENT
And here is my focus as a public servant:
- Ensure that commission work sessions are transparent and accessible to the public, which could be a live stream.
- Work with city officials in our county to support best practices as a citizen advocate.
- Implement active transportation plans and regional improvements suggested for our county.
- Continue communication and collaboration with citizens. My master’s research project includes a citizen survey: “Citizen Engagement in the 21st Century”
- Partner with the medical community and first responders to combat the opioid epidemic, suicide/mental illness in our community.
- Carefully scrutinize the annual county budget with best practices of public administration.
- Update emergency preparedness procedures for wind, water, and other disruptions.
- Boost local business support and economic development efforts for meaningful employment, city revenue, and the success of our entrepreneurs.
- Collaborate with citizens, UDOT, and staff to preserve residential character along Hwy 89 and West Davis Corridor; make the I-15 ramps attractive and sustainable, creating the image and functionality our county deserves.
Please share with me all of your feedback & ideas for Davis County. If you wish to help with campaign expenses, any amount helps. Elections are expensive, and I manage my own campaign. In addition to financial support, your VOTE, volunteer service, and positive word of mouth is valuable to me.
Filing date: Week of Mon. March 12 Primary election: June 26 General election: Nov 6