Dear friends and business owners,
I am running for commissioner to provide leadership and support for issues that are concerning citizens. For the past four years, it has been my privilege to visit people, properties, businesses and schools to aid and assist as a planning commissioner appointed by the Kaysville's mayor. Additionally, my family has called Davis County home for 21 years with 7 years of active duty military service. Here is my focus as a public servant:
- Work with city officials in our county to support best practices as a citizen advocate.
- Save taxpayer money wherever possible while making sure that services levels are maintained and executed properly.
- Work with school officials on the investment of educating our children and young adults.
- Implement active transportation plans and regional improvements suggested for our county.
- Continue communication and collaboration with citizens. My master’s research project includes a citizen survey: “How do Citizens Prefer to Receive Municipal Information?”
- Partner with the medical community and first responders to combat suicide/mental illness in our community.
- Carefully scrutinize the annual county budget with best practices of public administration.
- Update emergency preparedness procedures for wind, water, and other disruptions.
- Boost local business support and economic development efforts for meaningful employment, city revenue, and the success of our entrepreneurs.
- Collaborate with citizens, UDOT, and staff to preserve residential character along Hwy 89 and West Davis Corridor; make the I-15 ramps attractive and sustainable, creating the image and functionality our county deserves.
Please share with me all of your feedback & ideas for Davis County. Elections are expensive and I need your help getting the word out. Any amount helps. In addition to financial support, your VOTE, volunteer service, and positive word of mouth is valuable to me.
Filing date: June 1 Primary election: Aug 15 General election: Nov 7